Visited 10182354 times
Counter started: 27 Jul 2007


Expatriates FAQ


Q: How do I open a bank account in Singapore?
A: To open an account in Singapore, you will need copies of your passport, employer's letter, and a statement from a bank in your home country. Singapore has extensive facilities of automated teller machines (ATMs) and a cashless payment system called NETS for your paying convenience.

Q: Who is eligible to apply for an Employment Pass?
A: Any foreigner may apply for an Employment Pass to be employed or to do business in Singapore if he/ she fulfils the eligibility criteria. For details please click to see the Singapore Ministry of Manpower website or the Contact Singapore website.

Q: What must I do if my spouse or child is relocating to Singapore with me?
A: An Employment Pass holder may apply Dependant's Passes for his / her spouse, unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age.

Q: Who are required to apply for a Professional Visit Pass?
A: For details, please click to see the ICA Website for a list of foreigners who are required to apply for Professional Visit Passes.

Q: I am a professional/ specialist. Which Singapore agency should I write to if I wish to seek employment in Singapore?
A: For details, please click to see the Contact Singapore website. You may also get in touch with the Contact Singapore Centres overseas or surf the EDB website.

Q: What is Central Provident Fund (CPF)?
A: Over the years, CPF has been used to accelerate natioinal growth. To meet the population's needs in housing, healthcare, family protection and investment, several innovative schemes were introduced over the last five decades. For details, please click to see the CPF website.

Q: Do foreigners need to contribute to the CPF?
A: Foreigners will only need to contribute to the CPF after having assumed permanent resident status. For details, please click to see the CPF website.


Don’t worry!! if you are unable to find the answer to your questions. I 'm just a call or email away...